Since we had a leftover rice-meat mixture, we decided to make a quick quesadilla adding parsley and grated cheddar cheese as starter (generally these leftovers end up in trash if we don’t do something with them immediately).
Also a coban salad (tomato-cucumber-onion-parsley and little bit of feta cheese with balsamic dressing) was a perfect choice for this meal.
We can happily say that the dolma was delicious (our kitchen supervisor – Ari said the same). Dolmas tasted almost same as my grandmom’s (but to be honest no dolma can beat my grandmom’s etli yaprak dolmasi..)
Ingredients for Dolma (for 4):
- 400 gr - Wine leaves (in jar)
- 500 gr minced meat - (don't go for low fat - regular makes it better)
- 1 onion - diced
- 1 espresso cup rice - washed
- 1 bunch dill - some fresh mint is good as well
- salt & pepper
- 1-2 table spoons butter (depends how much you want to use)
- And yoghurt to serve