Friday, August 13, 2010

Chicken soup for the soul (and flu!) - 12 August 2010


I’m feeling a bit fluish – a little bit of swelling on the throat and a constant headache; and a bit emotional at the same time not having my little boss around. So I took the two chicken legs, put them in a large pot with lots of vegetables and made a soup for me. And I sat on the sofa with a bowl of soup and watched ‘imagination movers’ in Playhouse Disney channel (and then Up!). The rest of the chicken will be my sandwich for lunch and quesadilla for dinner tomorrow. (In Dubai during Ramadan not many places are open for lunch so generally this month we’re home). Wouldn’t it be great if I could make chicken breast pudding (tavuk gogsu)? Of course if you’re not Turkish it wouldn’t make sense but tavuk gogsu is a very popular milk muhallabia in Turkey made with cooked chicken breast pieces (really). One of my favorites after browned milk pudding (kazandibi).

Saray Muhallebicisi (the best muhallebici for tavuk gogsu and kazandibi)

2 comments:

  1. chicken soup is the solution to every problem

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello dear!
    I really liked your recipes.
    I have a similar soup recipe from my grandmom. The only difference is: I put some smashed garlic and chopped dill while serving it. It is much better than any medicine for sore throat or flu. Also it is very important that you boil the chicken with a bunch of dill & parsley. Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete